Tuesday, October 20, 2009

TUESDAY NIGHT WE ALL KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS RIGHT?

GETTING READY TO CALL IT A NIGHT knowing that I have to be there at 7:50 am to get the show on the road. Tomorrow is the beginning of round two so its a big day that starts with drawing blood, peeing in a cup, getting weighed, checking my blood to see that my liver returned to a non-drinking level, a visit with the Doctor which is always fun and interesting. A chance to ask those questions that come up in your dreams, when you are walking, or watching TV. And then its time to get comfortable on the deck of the cruise ship for 5 hours of chemo. The good thing about starting early is you get the leather recliner with a view (even though tomorrow is suppose to be a grey, cold, snowy day.

Dana bean and I typically have a skype date on chemo days around noon so we do the video thing. She gets to see Boulder and I get to see Ecuador. It puts it all in a very interesting, worldly perspective and makes the time fly...

I arrived at work monday with a rhasta dreadlock hat on but the boys would not be fooled and insisted on seeing the skin and get a rub in for good luck. Its become a bit of a ritual around the office. For those of you who know me I am not good at keeping a hat or scarf on all day. Julia has gotten me some killer earrings to break up the monotony.

So no need to worry from lack of postings. Sorry I scared a few of you with that break the other week. No great photos today but I will work on that. Thanks for all the comments...I mean that. Every chuckle and smile goes along ways these days.
You are all in my thoughts as well
Keep the candles burning
loads of love
Sus

1 comment:

  1. Sus,
    Love the idea of you in a rhasta dreadlock hat! Ha! I remember how beautiful you looked wearing your great scarves when you started at the D.A.'s office. No one wears a scarf (or beret for that matter) as well as you! After you've hugged the stuffing out of Dana when she arrives home, give her a hug from Ray and me. And picture our arms wrapped around you too. Susie

    ReplyDelete