Sunday, October 18, 2009

HAIR HAD TO GO

I found the strength to fire up y car, get out of work friday early to go spend the weekend with my cousin from St, Louis who has a mountain house up by Beaver creek. She was in town with her daughter, a friend and her daughter. 4 gals..how could I go wrong. I my own out of town I took an impulsive detour to dela with the hair...on my pillow, in my food, in the drain, I had all I could take. $15.oo and a quick stop at cost cutters. Done! As I went to pay for it a young girl in front of me said " Good Luck" and as i made my way to the register they told me she had paid for my haircut. Pretty touching. I figured a week-end in the mountains with 4 girls would be a good time to digest it all and I was right about that. I don't know why shaving your head or loosing your hair is so hard. But it just might be one of the hardest parts of the entire ordeal. Even having done it before. I guess were all pretty vain and our hair is a big part of that vanity. so. go ahead and scroll down and see the full monty.

I could not get this image to rotate.
very frustrating. Use your imagination.
Aspen trees...







It was a great week-end, great weather, fun gals. The youngsters challenged to three games of ping pong. You will be glad to know I beat em all three.
Here I am. Hiking the tall peaks and
trails of Beaver creek. Yes I did put sunscreen on my ears. Yes it is a little on the cold side. I have a hat in my back pocket, I was just trying to get some vitamin E and give it a little color. Now I know how those buddhist monks must feel.

And guess who just sent me an e-mail about borsolino berets from Italy...none other than Daniel the prince.

Round one (4 weeks) behind me. 5 more rounds to go(20 weeks) but whose counting. I love you all

3 comments:

  1. Hey Sus, The hairless look ain't so bad when you consider the alternatives to the whole thing.....beret's all were becoming to you....Daniel was right on to send them.....love you....Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sus, You look great without your hair. Not as good as with it, but nothing to be embarassed about. I am kind of fond of the buddist look. I'm sure its a big change for you to submit to the razor but there are worse things. If I wosen't such a chicken I'd join you. I don't know if in this situation it's the thought that counts but I am thinking about being hairless to support you. Love ya kiddo. Gale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susanna---Hair is vastly over-rated. You look very hot. Beyond Yul Brenner.

    Loved the story of the women who paid for the cut. The good souls of Boulder.

    xoxo,
    Kenan

    ReplyDelete