Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I GET BY WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS/NASEAU CONTROL 101


So I have been so bad about posting. Remember "no news is good news". This was actually my week off so I go in but only get a quick infusion of a drug not considered chemo. Last week they skipped one of the Chemos (Taxol) because my liver count was too high. It hadn't occured to me to not drink any alcohol during this stint. Needless to say, chemo and alcohol are not a good mix on the liver. My blood counts came racing down this week and by next week I should be good to go. I spend a good deal of time tired but I am hanging in there. I miss that 5th gear but am sure it will be back soon enough. We have had all kinds of weather...freezing snow, fog, and today sunshine.
the library is all but closed down with everything sold (almost)
My hair is thinning....I am trying my best to postpone the reality of scarfs, etc...but postpone is the operative word here.
Morgan my cat continues to keep both eyes on me. Julia is learning more about cancer than she ever signed up for but thats what good friends are all about.
Keep all those good thoughts coming and the candles burning
love to you all
sus


No comments:

Post a Comment