Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Wednesday 9:03 AM update


What is it really like? Well..I am sitting in a leather reclining chair with an amazing view of the flatirons. its a gray cold day in Boulder. I have my MacBook in my lap, my i-pod with headphones in my ear playing Bob Dylan, a fine cup of black coffee, the Wall Street Journal...oh and I almost forgot , Benadryl, and chemo flowing freely via my port to my heart.  It really dosen't get much better. For someone who dosen't know sitting and taking it easy this is like living the dream .

I am suppose to be here for 7 hours today.  WOW! they have to run the drugs slowly to be sure there is no adverse reaction. So far so good. I don't know if I mentioned that I am part of a medical study with the American Cancer Society testing two drugs and how they work together.  Consequently they have to monitor my blood pressure, heart rate and temperature every 15 mins.  I have become a part of science. They also have to draw large amounts of blood for the study that are shipped on ice all over the country to various study sites. Pretty wild. They have a nurse (Pam) whose entire job is to monitor those of us in studies. There are only 5 or 6 people in studies at his center right now. 

The process is daunting with between 4 and six bags of clear liquid medications hanging from the I V each to drip away into me. I am feeling no pain, the nurses are great. 

Thanks for all your thoughts and good wishes. I have no doubt they are driving me. I may check back in at the end of the day. I have my phone with me and access to e-mail so feel to humor me.

love to all you
sus

 

No comments:

Post a Comment