Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Long awaited GREAT NEWS!!!

  1. Julia accompanied me to the Dr. this afternoon to get the prognosis from all the tests, biopsy, MRI, etc...It is Great News in the scheme of things. Without going into great detail I will share the highlights.
  2. It is metastasized Breast Cancer not a new cancer.
  3. There is an 80% chance of 100% remission!!
  4. Chemo will start the week of Sept 21st.
  5. I will receive chemo every week for three weeks and one week off with just herceptin for 6 months.
  6. Yes I will lose my hair probably by Halloween.
  7. Herceptin is a drug (protein) that I will take for the rest of my life that fights to keep the cancer from coming back. They expect me to respond very well to it given my genes and circumstance.
Thank you all for all your good thoughts and wishes. I am feeling a great sigh of relief with the news. I have some good fun ahead until The chemo begins and it does not sound like an overwhelming protocol or anything I can't wrap my head around.

Please know I have GREAT Doctors, access to a great massage therapist, accupunturists, Clean air, great trails, good food, great friends and kids. All of this combined is a sure cure in my mind. 

1 comment:

  1. do it girl, do it....the fight is so tiring sometimes but the upside is life. best wishes from mr falsberg...survivors rule!

    ReplyDelete