Tuesday, September 15, 2009

PASSING TIME

Its been a great opportunity to pass time and I had a great invitation last week for "Adult Art Camp". It in volved Julia and I going to a friends house and playing with clay, drinking and eating and playing with clay. It was great fun.

In the mean time I have some news!

I have an appointment at the Rocky Mountain Cancer Center (RMCC) which by the way is about 10 mins from my house, on Thursday morning at 8 am to go over the regiment.  My biopsy came back from the Mayo Clinic and I will be in a Trial. Its a bit complicated for you non-cancer folks but lets just say its a good thing...a drug test not chemo per say. At any rate, on Thursday they will review everything with me  and next Weds is the day. My chemo day will always be Wednesday every week.  The first two treatments will take 5-6 hours since they will have the drip set slowly to be sure I do not have a bad reaction and then they will open the gates and let it flow.  3  hours most likely. 

One less unknown to think about.

Julia, Jan and I are off to the mountain town in SE Colorado known as Telluride. Its a music festival named Blues n" Brews.  Need I say more...good music and good Beer. The fall colors and Aspen Trees should be in full bloom. Promises to be great fun. I will post photos. 

Just Know I am out there, not working too hard (seriously) and living the dream. Remember you can't finish till you start so I am ready to start. Weds it is!!!

I love you all!
banana

3 comments:

  1. Good luck to you "Mayor"!! We'll be keeping up with your blog. Ray & Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sus, I want you to know I am thinking of you and sending positive healing thoughts............remember, you don't have to justify you or it ever.............! l.u. Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. banana, today is wednesday, your first day of treatment. hope it went smoothly and you get some relief soon from the cough and pain. big love, mj

    ReplyDelete