Thursday, December 31, 2009

Calling All White Blood Cells

Weds Chemo got a little complicated since my white blood cell count dropped to 1,000. A little low for chemo docs comfort. I pleaded with them not to skip a treatment, cause that would prolong the finish line. They negotiated with me and agreed to let me have my chemo if I would come in every day for the next five days and get a shot that would increase my white cell production. So I agreed to that.
As I was leaving treatment I found out there were issue with my health insurance going into a new year...so they suggested I get the supper dooper dose of just one shot which is the equivalant of five and just tough it up. Being the poster child I am I agreed. SO...I just got the shot. I didn't feel anything. Side effects are bone pain and ache and I have a good supply of pain killers to get me through the week-end.
No big plans for New Years Eve this year. It's a Blue Moon tonight (which means a white moon only two full moons in one month) how cool is that. Just a little trivia from your mountain woman.
I just made a killer pot of miso soup. My kids are in Denver to bring in the new year and Then both fly to Israel for a one month adventure on Sunday.

HAPPY NEW YEAR MY FRIENDS...EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU...LOADS OF LOVE
Susanna

2 comments:

  1. If I were a betting person, I would not bet against you !!! Good luck with the white cells !! Ray

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Susanna,

    I haven't seen you since the late 70's - early 80's in Boulder when you had all those strange creatures in your house like an alligator, a bob-tailed fighting racoon, an eagle, etc. Hey, I think I did see you at the CRMS reunion in '93. I'm sorry to learn of your struggles and you are in my prayers. I like your courage here and also your ability to keep a good sense of humour. If you need any of my white blood cells, let me know!

    Stuart Harris

    ReplyDelete