Tuesday, February 2, 2010

MOVING ON

Feb. 2nd. This is an off week for Chemo ( a break so to speak) and then three more. I should be ecstatic and making plans and seeing the finish line but I've been a bit beat up by the entire process. Thank goodness for friends, Julia's great attitude, and a peaceful home. Maybe its the cumulative effect of the chemo, or maybe its just that this has been going on for sooo long that I am running out of steam. I just want to wake up and feel great, like my old self, with loads of energy and no aches or pains. I know it will be here before I know it but it seems like an eternity today, and yesterday and the day before.In a mode of desperation to just forget for a moment I stayed up late enough to go to a live concert on a Monday night in Boulder. Jackie Green....for those who don't know his music you have to check it out..A young Dylan amongst other tributes. He played for 2 1/2 hours. So its 1:30 in the morning and I just got home. And for 3 hours or so I almost forgot I have cancer, almost forgot I don't have any hair, and did forget that it was late into the night. Great fun!!! I have a road trip to Taos this week-end which should help pass some time, get me closer to the end with a good distraction. It's about a 6 hour drive south of Boulder near Santa Fe, in New Mexico. Surprisingly I have never been there.
Apologies for the lack of blogs and the lengthy recesses but I don't want to share the darker moments and I've had a few as of late. I am trying hard to take that leap of faith the monkey in the photo took...knowing I will land on two feet and go forward with all the gusto I started this journey with. Hang in there with me all of you. I love you guys!!! and gals......

1 comment:

  1. Hangin' in with you is easy - you have the hard part !! Ray

    ReplyDelete